Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Newest Adventure

Brynn has been taking off her diaper and peeing in her crib every time she went down for a nap or bedtime for the past couple of weeks. Both Brad and I knew it was because she didn't like the feeling of being wet but we weren't ready to potty train. Until last Tuesday...we had no choice but to potty train. I took Brynn into the pediatrician for what I believed to be a bladder infection which turned out to be a urinary tract infection. The pediatrician said it was because she was holding in her pee that was making her pee stink really bad and really yellow. So the only thing that would solve all our problems was to get her on antibiotics and potty train. As we were waiting for the antibiotic, Brynn and I went out and got an Elmo potty seat (the kind that goes on the regular toilet) and special candy that Brynn would get everytime she went pee pee or poo poo on the potty (don't you just love the toddler talk).
At first, Brynn didn't want to go potty on the big seat so we used the little one for the first 3 days.
But around the 4th day, Brynn only wanted to go on the Elmo seat :)
Now she has been going potty for a week and has gone 2 days with no accidents pee or poop! As a matter of fact, I was in the kitchen getting dinner together when I heard the toilet seat. I rushed back to the bathroom and found Brynn wiping! When I asked her what she had done she said poo poo potty. I looked in the toilet and sure enough she did it all on her own without me asking or telling her to go! I was so proud of her and completely surprised that she didn't have any skid marks in her undies either. We will give it another good week before I try no pull ups while traveling in the car and a little bit longer before no pull ups at naptime and bedtime.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Brynn! Congrats...so exciting! I knew she's catch on super easy!

Dana said...

isn't it wonderful to get to this stage? so happy for you!

Adrienne Gibson said...

i am so envious...words cannot even explain, i would love to have a potty trained child right now. good job, i am very proud and it gives me hope!