Saturday, July 26, 2008

Slow Teething

Brynn has been teething for the past 3 weeks now and we finally got 1 of the 6 teeth poked through the gums but it is going to be another long month before we see any of the other teeth. She has been up 2-3 times a night in pain, hungry, and a very wet diaper. I have been putting orajel on her gums during the day and before bed, but sometimes I have to give her tylenol or motrin because she is in so much pain.
Last night she went to bed at 6:45pm, cried at 9:45pm so I changed her diaper and put her to bed. At 5:23am she woke up crying so I changed her diaper but then realized that she was burning up with a high fever of 101.6! So I turned the air conditioner down and gave her tylenol and a bottle. She went back to sleep until 8:45am when I changed her diaper and she went right back down until 11:32am. When she woke up her fever was still there and higher. So I gave her some motrin and then I gave her some water and food. She played for a little bit before she started getting fussy and clingy. I tried to calm her and keep her happy but all Brynn wanted was to go down for a nap.
It is good that she sleeps because it will help her feel better, but I feel awful that I can't do very much to help her besides medicine and lots of love.
When she woke up from her nap, she was burning with a fever of 103.8! I freaked out. I called Debbe and asked her what to do. She told me to run a lukewarm bath to bring her temperature down and start giving her tylenol a couple of hours after motrin. It helped but for the rest of the night she still had a fever of at least 101.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the blueberries! Dayn has always loved then too. Hang in there with teething "this too shal pass"! Love ya!

Adrienne Gibson said...

it is a good thing that she gets sleepy and takes advantage of that. Ryland has been teething for about two weeks and he is against sleeping at this point. He does not want to nap and will not sleep through the night. Oh when will this teething be over????