Thursday, July 31, 2008

Onto the Second Phase

Brad got a letter in the mail from the city of mesa police department hiring unit explaining they "are pleased to say that Brad is now entering the second phase".
Brad wasn't at home when the letter came in the mail but I couldn't wait until he got home from church after youth group so I ripped it open. I started jumping up and down laughing while Brynn looked at me and started giggling like it was some fun game Mommy was playing. :)
It was such a relief to get that letter in the mail! Being patient isn't an easy thing for me and it has been hard for both Brad and I to be so unsure about when and if he will get into the academy. There are a lot of things riding on what happens with the Mesa Police hiring process. Financially it would help us out a lot and it also would give Brad a sense of direction and stability. He would be home more often instead of working two jobs everyday of the week.
It was an answer to many prayers and it was just overall wonderful to see and know that God still hears and cares for me.
So thank you all for your prayers and I hope this encourages you as it did Brad and I to continue to pray for God's direction and for us to continue to have faith and patience.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Congrats guys! I know being patient is tough but stick with it, it will be sorth it in the end! Promise!

Julie said...

That is awesome news! We're happy for you guys, and we will pray that the rest of the process will go smoothly.

Holly said...

AWESOME! Congrats to you guys. Yup, God is good, huh? And I know what you mean about it being hard to be patient! :-)

the brauns said...

That's awesome! We are stoked for you guys and we will be praying for the process. Love you and miss you!

Michelle said...

Great news -- we'll keep you in our prayers!

Michelle said...

Yeah! Congrats! I completely understand. I felt like I had less patience than Dustin did while waiting for responses. I agree with Kirsten it will be worth it in the end. And I promise having gone thru this recently it will go fast!!!!