"Satisy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Still no Owen at 41 weeks
Since Owen still hasn't made an appearance yet the doctor informed me Friday that I have a choice of being induced or having a c-section. After going over the risks, I decided to have a c-section. I could try to push him out but there is no guarantee that I would be able to fit his shoulders and body out since 2 weeks ago they were measuring the size of 41 weeks instead of 39 weeks while his head was measuring normal 39 weeks 5 days. I was very shocked to hear the risks of trying to push him out since I have never had to deal with this before. True I had a hard time getting Brynn's head out but I just thought that was pretty normal. I could possibly break his clavicle, dislocate his shoulders or cause possible oxygen deprivation by putting too much pressure on his lungs and abdomen if I attempt to push him out. Needless to say it was an easy decision on my part. I don't want to harm my child and I get a break not having to do any work:) I am a little nervous though because this is the first time I will have surgery in my entire life so the unknowns are scary. From now to then I hope to ease my nerves by finding out as much as I can what happens before and after a c-section (mainly before). The c-section is scheduled for Tuesday June 2, 2009 at 8:15am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My friend you are tuff and strong. I think you will recover wonderfully fron a c-section. Just no picking up Brynn for a while...the hardest part! Let me know if you need any input etc... I am a verteran of two! we will be praying!
can't wait to meet the little stinker who is making his mama go through so much work =). love you and praying for you!
Hi Tanya - my name is Shannon and I saw your blog through Michelle Albertson and I remember Brad classes at NWC (I graduated in 06). I wanted to let you know I'll be praying for your c-section and a safe delivery for your son tomorrow!! :)
I had an emergency c-section two months ago and I had a very good experience. Like you, I had never had surgery before and was very nervous to have it dropped in my lap at the last minute (my little boy was breech when my water broke 3 weeks early). My husband was able to be in the operating room with me, as I imagine Brad will be too, and he watched our son being born which was really exciting for him.
I guess the hardest part was when the nurses made me get out of bed for the first time - that hurt! :) But keeping yourself moving around and active will really help speed up your recovery. After a week I was feeling pretty good and after two weeks I was feeling back to normal. :)
I wish you the best and many blessings as you meet your son tomorrow!
Shannon Dane
Post a Comment