"Satisy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Pacifier Free :)
Last Sunday we were trying to get everything together to go over to Bob and Debbe's right after church and well Brad and I couldn't find the pacifier. We made a clean sweep of the house a couple of times in every imaginable place including the garbage cans and didn't find it. So we went off to church and hoped for the best at nap time. Let me tell you not having a "comfort/soothing" pacifier for nap time with a child who needs time to wind down on top of taking a nap at some one else's home doesn't mix well. Brynn screamed for 30 minutes before she possibly slept for 30 minutes before screaming all over again. I was extremely stressed out and somewhat glad the game was on besides having lots of people around to drown out a majority of the screaming. I know I would have given in if I were at home. Later when we got home I found the pacifier in one of her dresser drawers (which I did search) but it was buried under clothes. So at bedtime we decided it wouldn't be fair to give her the pacifier since we made her go without it for nap time and it was so awful for her. My nerves were stretched to the limit because I didn't think I was ready to give up the pacifier especially since she is breaking in molars and I just hate hearing her scream bloody murder for that long and longer. The next 2 days were hard but after that we were in the clear for the most part. Brynn doesn't cry for the pacifier anymore but she still has a hard time just getting settled down and relaxed once we lay her down in her crib. Oh the joys of new milestones when growing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
good job! that is rough for sure. it was fun getting to hang out and catch up with you last night. its been way too long!
Great job Brynn and Mommy and Daddy! =)
Post a Comment