Brynn doesn't like vegetables unless if they come out of a baby food jar. I have tried "dipping" the vegetables in applesauce, ranch, ketchup, sauce, and yogurt but she knows when I am putting a vegetable in her mouth. I don't know if it is becuase she can tell by looking at it or if it is just the texture. It is possible it could be the texture she doesn't like because she has shown signs earlier with peas and bananas. I wasn't going to give up but it isn't easy when my nephew, Aaron, will eat vegetables and fruit like they are candy.
I had to get creative and put some green beans through my food processor and then mixed them together with spaghetti. Surprise! She couldn't tell a difference and ate it all like there were no vegetables in sight! I did the same thing with her scrambled eggs. I put spinach, ham, and cheese in them and she loved the green eggs and ham!
I have found that breakfast foods are easier to disguise vegetables and fruit than lunch and dinner. Oh the joys of having a somewhat picky eater for a daughter and a mother who isn't a picky eater in any means especially when it comes to fruits and vegetables:)
1 comment:
I think you are so smart to do this!!! Now can you please figure out how to get Aaron to like milk? =)
Post a Comment