As Tanya posted earlier, I had taken my polygraph on tuesday afternoon and it was probably one of the most stressed times in my life. It was very intimidating to walk into this room and see this chair that has all sorts of wires and stuff coming out of it. It is also amazing to me how much your mind wanders at certain questions like, "Have you ever lied to get out of trouble?" or even, "Have you ever lied to make yourself look better?" These were of but just a hint of the types of questions I had during this polygraph. The one question that they had apparently a "hard time believing" me on was whether or not I have had any illegal drugs or narcotics. Now just so everyone knows, I am clean as a whistle when it comes to this. I left the session upset and angry at these people who try and judge me on anything and everything that maybe I have done and better yet, accuse me of something I know in my heart I have never done and tell me that they think I am lying based off of some silly little machine that supposedly knows when people lie. I called Tanya really upset about the situation as a whole and that if I get disqualified because of this, they will be having a lawsuit coming their way! Later that night when we were lying in bed and I let the rest of the day go on and I talked about it with numerous people, I began to realize as I was talking to my wife that I learned a lot of life lessons from this. One passage in the bible came to thought when Jesus is before Pilate and Jesus says,
" 'Your are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason i was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify TO THE TRUTH. Everyone on the SIDE OF TRUTH LISTENS TO ME!' 'What is truth?' Pilate asked."
Here Jesus is, the truth itself standing before Pilate, and Pilate doesn't even know it. Jesus knows who he is. He knows the truth. He knows why he is there and he knows no one there at that time fully understands the event that is about to take place. But Jesus knew God's will for his life. He knew what he was sent to the earth to do and nothing else mattered to him beside accomplishing God's will.
I knew that night as I talked this out that no matter what happens because of this, God is the God of the universe. He is my peace and understanding, whom have I in heaven but him who strengthens me each and every day to live out for the Glory of God. I had to learn to be still and know that he is God. Though the world may reject him and his everlasting truth, I still stand with him so that his name may be praised forever. And because I know this, I can have peace with him forever and peace in my own life that he has a plan for me no matter what and that he can accomplish great things so that his name will be praised.
I will be testing with Mesa this saturday morning. Again I ask for your prayers in this and thank you to all for your prayers.
1 comment:
thanks for sharing that widdle baby... good perspective =)
Post a Comment