Sunday, August 5, 2007

Brynn Marie makes her grand entrance!


We got to the hospital at 8pm, checked in went to our room and got settled in. I was induced at 10pm and by 3am I was able to get into the tub. :) An hour went by and I went from 3cm dilated to 9cm! Around 5am the doctor left the hospital to go home because he didn't think I would be delivering anytime soon. But he was soon called to come back because I was in labor. Brad was a little freaked out when all of the nurses started getting the room ready and never told him what was going on. After awhile he just said out loud, "Well I guess we are getting ready to push!" I laughed :) I pushed for over 2 hours (all natural) and I was even more excited that my doctor that I was seeing my entire pregnancy was able to deliver Brynn! The coolest thing about my labor and delivery was that my doctor right before we started pushing asked if she could pray with us! :) We had no idea that she was a Christian! So 2 hours into the pushing and no Brynn...Dr. Sarah decided it was time for the vacumn extractor and Brynn still wasn't budging. Her heart rate started to drop and I was told that if we didn't get her out this next push I would have to go in for an emergency c-section. I was not about to do that after all of the work I put into pushing so the next try Brynn came out! We have a beautiful little girl :) Born 8:09am 7 pounds 12 ounces 21 inches long.

No comments: